One of the most Read more [...]
Located on a beautiful region in addition to having natural and historical riches as well as a nice flora, one of the best known tastes of Kocaeli is the Eşme quince. Eşme is one of the rare districts of our country in which vegetables are grown in enclosed gardens. Eşme quince which is grown in and named after the municipality is a fruit which is also sought abroad. The main sorts of quince grown in Eşme are as follows:
• Glass Quince: particularly grown in the region of Kocaeli, this fruit has dense downs and hard pulp and it is juicy and bitter.
• Iron Quince: compared to the bread quince, it has a small and round shape. It is named as “iron” maybe due to the fact that it has very had pulp.
• Bread Quince: there are many subcategories of this type of quince. Such fruits are different in terms of size and taste.
• Lemon Quince: it has round fruits with lemon-yellow color and thick and hard pulp. It is highly juicy and tastes bitter.
• Eşme Quince: this type of quince has medium or big size. It gets wide in the middle and smaller around the stem. The pulp is a little hard, bitter and juicy but it is not unpleasant at all. It has high consumption value.